03/09/2023

Good Times at the Disco Inferno (location: Funkytown)


I had a LOVELY time at the Star & Shadow Electric Disco night. Played a couple of sets in the end. Loads of requests that I played if I could, and ended up just playing big banger after banger, which no DJ really minds if everyone is having a great time and dancing - which they were. First time for me playing out in public since lockdown and All That Business, so probably a bit rusty (though I tell you: disco is a flipping nightmare of seeming like having solid beats but the actual BPMs being variable all over the place, haha!) Anyway, left absolutely buzzing. Good times.

 

Hopefully the event made a bit of cash for the Star and Shadow in the face of horrendous energy bills. It's an absolutely class venue. Films, parties, gigs, art, all kinds of stuff happening. Check out their programme - SO MUCH GOOD STUFF, always.

There may be other parties like this (not always disco), so keep an extra keen lookout for them!