03/01/2012

One of those year round-up things, except rubbish

It's that time isn't it? After all the tinselled gluttony (and the accompanying merciful break from having to look at the internet), it's now another new and rubbish year and one cannot escape seeing that over the festive period everyone has done a blog post describing all the amazing stuff they've done in the last year - and truly, it seems that everyone has done some properly amazing stuff. Bah. It is awful. Absolute wretchedness. To have such go-getting talented associates, all doing productive and exciting things with their existences only provides an increasingly stark contrast to one's own extensive deficiencies and failings in that regard. In 2011, it seems I basically did nothing. Aside from a few doodles and whatnot, the fundamental fact is: I printed no new comics at all. AT ALL. Not even a new Paper Jam anthology. Plus: no music, no film, no prose. I don't think I even read/watched/listened to anything good. In fact I don't think I even wasted it on TV or xbox. Holy crap, what was I doing? What was I doing? Where did the year go? Come to that, where did the last five years go? Actually the last decade?

Well, bah. I hope if anyone is unfortunate enough to stumble across this deluge of self-pity and whinging, at least it might provide some small measure of schadenfreude, as I am certain you have done more with 2011 than I did.

2012 promises to be rubbish too.